We are a group of researchers and developers interested in the analysis, design, and development of knowledge-based information systems.
The leader of the team received his Ph.D. in 2016 in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Biocybernetics after the defense of the dissertation “Template-based Ontology Evolution”. His professional interests also include privacy, design of mind maps and ontologies, Semantic Web, Linked Data, model-based UI generation and reasoning in descriptive logics.
Martin received his Ph.D. in the study programme Artificial intelligence and Biocybernetics at FEE CTU in Prague in 2021 by defending his dissertation thesis with the topic of “Leveraging Semantic Web Technologies in Domain-specific Information Systems.” His professional interests include application access to ontologies, design of information systems based on semantic technologies in general and software system testing automation. Besides his research duties, he was or has been involved in teaching of the following subjects: A7B39WPA (Web and enterprise applications) and B6B36EAR (Enterprise architectures) at FEE CTU in Prague and BI-ATS (Software testing automation) at FIT CTU in Prague.
Michal graduated in Geomatics at the Faculty of Civil Engineering in 2014 and received his Ph.D. in the Geodesy, cartography and geoinformatics at the same faculty in 2020. Topic of his thesis is “Implementation of the INSPIRE Directive in the context of Spatial Data Infrastructure development in the Czech Republic”. In 2015 Michal started to participate at the KBSS project “Open Data and semantic approaches to uncover social aspects of urban quality”. Later he became part of the team with focus mainly on the spatial aspects of linked open data, spatial ontologies. His interests lies in opening data of public administration. In the last years he got involved in teaching subject Ontologies and Semantic Web at the FEE.
Topics of the final theses to be led by Michal are listed here.
Jana is a Ph.D student in the study programme Artificial intelligence and Biocybernetics at FEE CTU in Prague in 2021. Her professional interest are conceptual ontological modeling for the development of Inormation system, methods and methodologies of creating ontologies, formal representation of a set of concepts within the domain and relations between concepts, Foundational Ontologies, Semantic and linked data. She got involved in teaching subjects: Ontologies and Semantic Web, Database System and Enterprise architectures at the FEE.
Bogdan Kostov is a Ph.D student at FEE CTU. His professional interests are effective querying of semantic knowledge bases in the context of information systems and ontology engineering. He is involved in teaching B0B36DBS (Database systems) and B6B36EAR (Enterprise architectures).
Matěj Kulich received his Bc. degree after the defense of the bachelor thesis “Semantic Web-enabled Web Site” in the study programme Software engineering and technology at FEE CTU in 2021. His professional interests are ontology usage in applications and development of knowledge-based information systems.
The former leader of the team received Ph.D. in 2012 in the study programme Artificial intelligence and Biocybernetics at FEE CTU by defending thesis “Building Ontology-Based Information Systems”. His professional interests are ontology design, ontology information systems, semantic web, linked data and description logics querying. He is author or co-author of many impacted papers and over forty conference papers. He participated in more then eleven national and international research projects. From 2022 he reduced his work in the team just to teaching and supervising final theses.
Here you can find interesting and most important publications of the team members.
- VILLATA, S., J. HARAŠTA, and P. KŘEMEN, eds. Legal Knowledge and Information Systems. Praha, Brno, 2020-12-09/2020-12-11. Amsterdam: IOS Press, 2020. ISBN 978-1-64368-151-1. Available from: http://ebooks.iospress.nl/volume/legal-knowledge-and-information-systems-jurix-2020-the-thirty-third-annual-conference-brno-czech-republic-december-911-2020
- SAEEDA, L., et al. Entity Linking and Lexico-Semantic Patterns for Ontology Learning. In: The Semantic Web 17th International Conference, ESWC 2020, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, May 31–June 4, 2020, Proceedings. 17th European semantic Web conference - ESWC 2020, Crete, 2020-06-02/2020-06-04. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2020. p. 138-153. 1. ISSN 0302-9743. ISBN 978-3-030-49460-5. DOI 10.1007/978-3-030-49461-2_9.
- LEDVINKA, M., et al. TermIt: A Practical Semantic Vocabulary Manager. In: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems - Volume 1: ICEIS. 22nd International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS 2020), Prague, 2020-05-05/2020-05-07. Porto: SciTePress - Science and Technology Publications, 2020. p. 759-766. vol. 1. ISBN 978-989-758-423-7. DOI 10.5220/0009563707590766. Available from: https://www.scitepress.org/PublicationsDetail.aspx?ID=9rIct+oAmq0=&t=1
- LEDVINKA, M. and P. KŘEMEN. A comparison of object-triple mapping libraries. Semantic Web. 2020, 11(3), 483-524. ISSN 1570-0844. DOI 10.3233/SW-190345.
- KUFNER, J. and R. MAŘÍK. Restful State Machines and SQL Database. IEEE Access. 2019, 7 144603-144617. ISSN 2169-3536. DOI 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2944807. Available from: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8853255
- LEDVINKA, M. and P. KŘEMEN. Formalizing Object-Ontological Mapping Using F-logic. In: Rules and Reasoning. Third International Joint Conference, RuleML+RR 2019, Bolzano, 2019-09-16/2019-09-19. Cham: Springer, 2019. p. 97-112. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 11784. ISSN 0302-9743. ISBN 978-3-030-31094-3. DOI 10.1007/978-3-030-31095-0_7.
- KŘEMEN, P. and M. NEČASKÝ. Improving discoverability of Open Government Data with rich metadata descriptions using Semantic Government Vocabulary. Journal of Web Semantics. 2019, 55 1-20. ISSN 1570-8268. DOI 10.1016/j.websem.2018.12.009.
- LEDVINKA, M., A. LALIŠ, and P. KŘEMEN. Toward Data-Driven Safety: An Ontology-Based Information System. Journal of Aerospace Information Systems. 2019, 16(1), 22-36. ISSN 1940-3151. DOI 10.2514/1.I010622.
- LEDVINKA, M., M. BLAŠKO, and P. KŘEMEN. Factors of Efficient Semantic Web Application Development. In: On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems. OTM 2018 Conferences. The 17th International Conference on Ontologies, DataBases, and Applications of Semantics, Valletta, 2018-10-23/2018-10-24. Basel: Springer, 2018. p. 565-572. vol. 2. ISSN 0302-9743. ISBN 978-3-030-02670-7. DOI 10.1007/978-3-030-02671-4_35. Available from: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-030-02671-4
- KŘEMEN, P., et al. Dataset Dashboard – a SPARQL Endpoint Explorer. In: 4th International Workshop on Visualization and Interaction for Ontologies and Linked Data, VOILA 2018. 4th International Workshop on Visualization and Interaction for Ontologies and Linked Data, Monterey, CA, 2018-10-08. Aachen: CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2018. p. 70-77. ISSN 1613-0073. Available from: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2187/paper7.pdf
- LALIŠ, A., et al. Generating synthetic aviation safety data to resample or establish new datasets. Safety Science. 2018, 106(106), 154-161. ISSN 0925-7535. DOI 10.1016/j.ssci.2018.03.013.
- MED, M. and P. KŘEMEN. Context-Based Ontology for Urban Data Integration. In: Proceedings of iiWAS 2017. The 19 th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services, Salzburg, 2017-12-04/2017-12-06. New York: Association for Computing Machinery, 2017. p. 457-461. ISBN 978-1-4503-5299-4. DOI 10.1145/3151759.3151838.
- LEDVINKA, M., et al. SISel: Aviation Safety Powered by Semantic Technologies. In: Data a znalosti 2017. Plzeň, 2017-10-05/2017-10-06. Plzeň: Západočeská univerzita v Plzni, 2017. p. 77-82. ISBN 978-80-261-0720-0. Available from: https://daz2017.kiv.zcu.cz/data/DaZ2017-Sbornik-final.pdf
- SAEEDA, L. and P. KŘEMEN. Temporal Knowledge Extraction for Dataset Discovery. In: PROFILES 2017 Dataset Profiling and Federated Search for Web Data. 4th International Workshop on Dataset PROFIling and fEderated Search for Web Data, Vienna, 2017-10-21/2017-10-25. CEUR-WS.org, 2017. vol. Vol-1927. ISSN 1613-0073. Available from: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1927/
- SAEEDA, L. Iterative Approach for Information Extraction and Ontology Learning from Textual Aviation Safety Reports. In: The Semantic Web. 14th Extended Semantic Web Conference, Portorož, 2017-05-28/2017-06-01. Springer, Cham, 2017. p. 236-245. vol. 2. ISSN 0302-9743. ISBN 978-3-319-58450-8. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-58451-5_18.
- KŘEMEN, P., et al. Ontological Foundations of European Coordination Centre for Accident and Incident Reporting Systems. Journal of Aerospace Information Systems. 2017, 14(5), 279-292. ISSN 1940-3151. DOI 10.2514/1.I010441.